Sunday, January 16, 2011

Enjoy the Ride

I think I've decided to stop struggling with this "situation" and just let go/let God handle it! I need to enjoy the ride! The ride, so far, has been absolutely wonderful! This man is everything I've ever dreamed of, and more. He makes me so happy!

Oh, you want to know about the card?? Well, ok. It's new Close-to-My-Heart papers from the catalog to be released February 1st. The papers are called "Lucky" which just about says it ALL!! The stamp set is called "Enjoy Life" which I certainly have been doing! ;-)

Thank you all for your incredible support and love - I have had my life turned upside down (in a good way!) and you are all there cheering for me!!!

I'm still trying to get a fabulous photo of Bilbo Baggins. He is a little camera shy still - but is very loving and cuddly with me (thank heavens!). This photo at least shows his true coloring better. Let me share some of his cute personality with you:

1. He comes when he's called (yes, he knows his name already)
2. His favorite toy is the plastic ring you pull off the milk bottle. He **hearts** his toy.
3. He plays fetch with that toy, and me, at bed-time and when the morning alarm goes off. I throw the toy, he runs to find it, brings it back and drops it in my hand. Usually this goes on for 6 - 8 times before I tire of the game.
4. I make the bed before leaving for work, and when I get home in the evening, he has found his toy and left it like a mint on my pillow.

There are probably a hundred other darling things that he does, but I'll give you a break tonight. ;-)

Hugs!!


13 comments:

Laurel said...

This is a fabulous card and I can't wait to get my stamp set.

Carla said...

Great card Sharli!
Can't wait to play with my new box of goodies! I think Lucky is going to be one of my favourite new packs!

Scossie Jane said...

Love the card Sharli, Bilboa Baggins looks great - so fluffy....

As for the new man in your life - Bless both of you.....

Hugs xx

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is great! Love seeing the new stuff.

About the man, I am so very, very happy for you. You deserve someone as special as you are.

Bilbo Baggins is a fine looking cat. It sounds like he has taken to you, too!

Have a great week, friend! Big hugs!!

Carolyn said...

Love your card!!
Soo happy for you! Praying for you too!
Your cat is cute! With all the commands he does he sounds more like a dog. hahaha Didn't know you could train a cat like THAT! :)
Hugs!!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, with excellent advice for you, dear Sharli! Enjoy the ride these days for you SO deserve the happiness coming your way!

Bilbo Baggins is a beautiful cat and how fun that he knows his name and wants to play with you. You've come a long way in a short time. He knows he is loved and it shows!!

Have an awesome week!

Cibele Glazer said...

Beautiful card and great sentiment which, as you know, we are doing just that in our neck of the woods. LOL! Glad to hear you will be doing the same!!!! As I said before, we must be doing something right. :) So happy for you and I hope the men in your life (the furry one and the other one), know how lucky they are.

Julia Aston said...

Love this bike and the scrolly stamping Sharli! So happy to hear about Bilbo Baggins and your fun game!!! and WHAT??!?! there's a MAN?!?!?!? got to scroll down to see what's up GF!!!! I turn my back to 2 minutes and look what you get into!?!?! LOL!!!!

Unknown said...

Sharli, what a cool man-card--you've showcased Lucky so well! Love that bicycle! So happy for you that you and your guy are enjoying time together (but wah, wah, wah, I've missed you!). Mr. B.B. has beautiful coloring--don't let him get a big head now.

Karen B. said...

So happy to hear of everything you've listed in this post.

Jamie Harder said...

WHat a GREAT card!! I really need to put in an order now:-)

Curt in Indy said...

Have you seen his white horse yet???? I can't tell you how fun it is reading your thoughts about this new budding relationship. Your card says so much about how you are feeling about it. And your sweet little Bilbo! OMGosh what a beauty he is. It sounds like he loves you too! (Now two guys in your life!) I must confess that I'm not head over heels about cats, but your story of him playing fetch with that milk ring and leaving it on your pillow makes him an exception in my book. What a sweetie! Loved this post. Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

LOVE the card! It applies to so many of life's special occassions....especially, ROMANCE! Whether it be one hand, both hands, or no hands....enjoy the ride.