Monday, August 6, 2012

Anniversary cards!

I'm barely keeping my head above water (ok, I'm not really succeeding) with birthday cards, and then I decided to send a batch of anniversary cards!  Yikes!  What was I thinking?!  Well, to be honest, I think it's because I'm so smitten with my own darling husband, that I want to celebrate love every where I see it!  I have many friends who have been excellent examples of what a loving marriage should be - and they should be told that I'm so happy for them!

I imitated a card I saw on-line a while ago - the photo was in a stack of papers from over a year ago.  I think it must have been Heather Nichols but I couldn't find her post to link you back to her, it just looks like her style.  I used all Close-to-My-Heart products in my version.

Steve went back to his home in Minnesota today.  We will be apart until my next time off when I will fly up and join him for a vacation.  This visit was so delightful partly because we started out in North Carolina visiting my daughter and her fiancee.  The week was not too busy (although we did lots of things together!) and we enjoyed good food (my daughter and future son-in-law are both excellent cooks!), beautiful scenery, and great conversation.  It helped that I didn't have to set the alarm every morning!  I much prefer waking up when I'm ready.  ;-)

Are you planning one last trip before school starts?  
Hugs!
  

2 comments:

Carla said...

Great card Sharli! Very pretty!

We have a month left till school starts here in Canada - - just trying to enjoy the warm weather spending lots of time outside!

Unknown said...

Pretty colors & I love the "wish" theme! We just celebrated our #42. Seems unreal! School began three weeks ago in MO, and now we have some weekend getaways planned with the kayaks and fishing gear. Happy scrapping!