Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dakota - 2nd Consultant Swap card

Now that the Close-to-My-Heart unit swap is completed I can post my contributions!  This one uses the Dakota papers, a new "quickie" stamp called Bountiful Season, and the awesome burlap ribbon in the new catalog.  I stamped the focal point in Barn Red and with a sponge dauber, added Goldrush to the leaf.  Then I went back with a small eye-shadow blender and added a little more of the Barn Red along some edges.

Friday night was fun - I will try to photograph the other swap cards and post them this week.  Excellent work by my unit sisters!  Joanne Zubal is my up-line and her DH (Bob) decided that we needed grilled hotdogs, corn on the cob, and munchies to have enough energy for our meeting.  WOW - that was a nice surprise!  I know we all love it when our families are supportive of our art-work.

Well, I'd better get off the computer and get this house set up for our Open Stamping!  I've gotta get extra tables out, cut up fruits and veges, and set out the chocolate treats!  Yummm.  Oh, wait, we are working on our scrapbooks, right?  ;-)

4 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Very sweet card and consider it LIFTED!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Friday night! How fun to have someone else cook you dinner. Your card is just beautiful...love the look of fall, my favorite season.

Paul B said...

Beautiful card, love those neutral colour tones, they blend so well together and I'm drooling over the burlap ribbon you've used. Pxx

Jamie Harder said...

What a perfect fall card!!!!