Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Gift Certificate card Using Origami papers

This is a cross-over card with a "tag" insert.  I haven't made one in awhile but I still love the design and effect!  I had some beautiful origami papers that were a gift that I'd been hoarding (for years now!) and decided that it was time to use them!  Let them out of the box - let their light shine!  The zig-zag ribbon was a whim - and it seems to work alright.  The first photo is the card all put together.  The 2nd photo is with the tag pulled up and the last one shows the back-side of the tag.  

It's been awhile since I posted!  I went up to visit my darling husband for a couple of weeks and brought home a nasty cold that has had me dragging my rear-end!  Work, Sleep, Repeat.  But this weekend, finally, I felt good enough to spend a couple of hours in the craft room.  Ahhh, what a delight!  I crave time in the craft room.  I need it.  I know you understand.

Namaste.

6 comments:

Alanna said...

This is beautiful Sharli. I think I made this type of card once but that was a long time ago. I should do it again.

Cibele Glazer said...

Fabulous card and your whim paid off. Love it!!

Karen B. said...

Hang in there Sharli! Your gift card holder is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Great idea for a card Sharli, must try that. Loving your colour choices, and the origami paper is fab. Hugs xx

Julia Aston said...

Your papers are lovely on this cross over style card - and your insert is beautifully done!

so sorry you picked up a cold Sharli - I've just started one - having a sore throat and stuffed/runny nose! My manager has had a bad cold for over a month and I think I finally caught her bug! Hope you fell better each day!

I just noticed Mr. Bilbo Baggins on your side bar - he is ONE BIG cat!!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful and your colors are so stunning.