Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3 1/2 x 3 1/2 card

This was a quick little card designed to hold a small token of my appreciation for my regular stamping buddies.  I had some scraps on the table and the next thing I knew, I had a dozen of these cute little cards!  The speech bubble was stamped in Momento tuxedo black ink, allowed to dry completely, and then colored with the new CTMH alcohol markers.  They are really fun!  I used a Copic pen (number unknown) to shadow the elements a little bit.  This is another example of what the new Artiste cartridge could have cut out for me - but since I don't have a Cricut (yet) I cut the image by hand.  Is it weird that I kind of like hand-cutting?   It's relaxing . . .

Well, the painting is going great guns!  I got one coat on the barn door walls.  I'll have to check the front room in daylight to see how the coverage is - I was painting over a sage green color in there and the new color is called Cinnamon (think dusty peach) - so I'm thinking it will want two coats.  If I'm not too exhausted after work tomorrow, maybe I'll get that next coat on before the sun goes down.

Hugs!!

6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Sharli, how very cute this is! I would need a dozen of them myself!

I just painted my SUPER DARK RED kitchen a really nice, midtone aqua color, and I used that new Behr Ultimate paint. That's the one with the primer in it. I could not believe that I was able to cover RED in what was literally about one and a half coats! I actually did my big big kitchen with less than a gallon of paint, which is only half good, because I bought TWO. wop, wop....Oh well, worth the cost to do half the expected work! Just thought I'd mention that, in case you have more painting to do! Hope you love your new colors!

richardbreaks said...

I just realized how much that reads like a commercial! LOL!! I just had such a great experience with that paint....can you tell? LOL!! Cheers!

Jeanne said...

I really like this card, Sharli. I understand what you mean about handcutting being relaxing, I used to hand-cut all the letters for the titles on my scrapbook pages, back when I used to scrapbook with paper (as opposed to digital scrapping). Congrats on the forward progress with your painting. Way to git'r'done!

Kim Heggins said...

Just too darn cute! what a sweet card to have for your stamping buddies. Good luck with your painting too!

Nancy Ball said...

I love your combinations of colours! Must use this stamp set more!

Alanna said...

How darling. And how great that you were able to make so many. Good luck with the painting.