Saturday, September 22, 2012

Monograms

These cards came about in an interesting way - I had a stack of RSVP cards left-over from the wedding last year.  They were printed on creamy heavy cardstock and clean on the inside.  In a moment of inspiration, I saw that I could make a card front to cover the RSVP information and I would have a set of small-ish (3 1/2" x 5") cards for general notes that either I or Steve could use!  The envelopes were already stamped (with forever stamps, thankfully) so I was good to go!  The new monogram stamps from Close-to-My-Heart are $2.95 and just wonderful!  You can see what a pretty image they give!  The stamp doesn't include the brown / green border circle - that came out of another set.  If I had a Cricut I could have used it to cut out the image with the new CTMH Artiste cartridge but in this case I did it by hand while talking to Steve on Skype one evening.  The only other "trick" was that I used a little piece of string to tie up the center of the 2" wide silk ribbons so they would gather up under the monogram medallion.  Easy!  AND - fairly flat - no bumps to require extra postage.

It's Saturday (finally) and I'm expecting the barn-door contractor to show up in a little while.  He's bringing over the hardware, but ALAS, not the door yet.  Why, oh why is it so hard to get remodeling done on a time line?  We should have had this done by the 4th of July.  {deep sigh}

I hope your weekend is filled with fun and friends!
Namaste.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Great job at re-purposing the cards! They turned out beautifully!!

Alanna said...

These are gorgeous. So classy and how great that you were able to use what you already had.

Karen B. said...

These turned out so beautiful, great color combos!