Sunday, August 12, 2012

Masculine Birthday card

This was a fun card to make - I had a stamp to do the "train engineer" stripes and had never shown it any ink!  Time to fix that little oversight!  The car is from PTI (I believe) and I stamped it on design paper and fussy-cut it out  (completely forgetting that I also have that die and could have just die-cut it out - silly me!).  Where the windshield should be I inserted a piece of clear acetate.  I'm not sure that shows up in this photo.  I love this card for it's simplicity and that it's just a little quirky.  After all, who would have a navy car with white circles all over it?  

I had a fabulous weekend - I went with a dear friend up to her mountain retreat and we scrapped and watched the Olympics and basically just relaxed all weekend!  It was AWESOME!  I feel refreshed and am finishing the laundry now - nearly ready for the new week.  Did you have a good weekend?

Hugs!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Great card Sharli! The little car is super cute! Sounds like a fabulous weekend away!!

Cibele Glazer said...

Adorable! So glad you had such a great weekend.

Alanna said...

What a great card. I love that stamp and die from PTI. You did a great job fussy cutting it out. Hope you have a great week.

Karen B. said...

Perfect guy card, I think I NEED a car like that!