Monday, November 16, 2015

Masculine birthday card

Steve's oldest Grandson is turning a TEENAGER soon - the family is celebrating early so we can do this with him in person!  It's nice! So, I'm thinking a 13 year old boy won't want a goofy, childish card - but something very masculine. Hope this works!
 

The papers are the new Urban design from Close-to-My-Heart, and the sentiments are from a stamp set that isn't available; it was a September special celebrating Scrapbooking, Card-Making, and Picture-My-Life planner types of stamping.  I believe this particular one was Card-making (but I get confused and my stamps are packed so there is no looking it up).  Anyway - I cut the stars from the Urban paper, I stamped "Happy birthday" in a subtle "whisper" over the metal plate design paper. What doesn't show is a little pocket I added after I took this photo for us to slip in the $13 that we give at birthdays.  ($1 per year).  Next post will be from Arizona!  Yippee!!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I think the card is terrific. Excellent choice for a masculine card. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Well, as thrilled as a new 13 year old boy will allow himself to be. :) He'll love the money for sure, though! LOL Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous guy card...love the colors and those stars.

Julia Aston said...

What great papers for a masculine card - love your design and I'm sure the 13 year old will love it!