Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Stamp of the Month - CHEERS! 2016



This stamp set didn't "scream" out to me like some of them do - but then I discovered the amazing things that Aaron Brown was doing with it on her blog and I was smitten!  I find Aaron to be very inspiring - I try to visit her every single time she puts up something new!  I hope I'm not jumping the gun - but I believe she will put up the November SOTM on November 1st (like me!).  You can see her work here, if not today then soon! Tell her "hi" and that I sent you!  You can say that I've made some mediocre imitations of her cards . . . it's alright - I know her work is far superior!

I included the close up so you could see the cool ribbon I used. I put a few glue dots on the paper under the focal sentiment - then looped the ribbon (it's pretty stiff) around and over a few times, pressing it into the glue dots.  Then I mounted the focal image on foam adhesive over the ribbon loops.  I used Eggplant and Pomegranate inks.


2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hey don't sell yourself short, Sharli! I think your card is terrific! Neat ribbon, too. Thanks for sharing. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...Love those fabulous colors.