Monday, November 30, 2015

Never enough tags!

Have you ever had an idea for a design in your sleep?  It doesn't happen often, but I had been going through my stamps looking for things that might work for Christmas tags.  I came across an "oldie" set that has boot tracks and the sentiment "Not all who wander are lost" - and this tree.  It didn't occur to me to use the tree until I went to bed - I was actually looking at the two smaller trees in the package.  LOL  

So, the details; It was stamped on a store-bought kraft tag with Pomegranate ink, then the image was stamped again on a scrap of retired CTMH design paper from years ago (when the paper was two-sided but the patterns were the same on both sides, just the colors different).  I used Ponderosa Pine on the green side and Cocoa on the brown side of the paper; cut them out and paper pieced.  The star was from a set called "Live, Laugh, Love" (also retired) that has beautiful swirls and design elements.  I thought about stamping it on a lighter color but decided that I liked the rustic look better.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, these are wonderful, Sharli. You have been on a tag making frenzy it looks like. They all have been great. What a way to combine the pretty with the practical. :)

Kim Heggins said...

These are just so sweet...Love all your fabulous tags!