Monday, March 23, 2009

Hoppy Easter

This card was inspired by somebody! I wish I could remember who . . . The card I loved was done with a lamb and the message was "thank you" although it could have been "thank ewe"! I changed it up (a lot) with different color paper, and the bunny instead of the lamb - and Happy Easter! I down-played the ribbons (compared to the original) and I'm pretty happy with the resulting card!

If you haven't tried liquid applique - it's very easy to use and so much fun! For the bunny, I put a thin line of liquid applique from the tube in a circular motion all over the bunny. I didn't wait (as the instructions say to) but hit it with the heat gun right away. It puffs up and looks like soft, curly fur. I like my bunnies curly, don't you?

Story for today - A work day, and definitely a Monday! Yikes! We had a wind storm last night - and I knew it was pretty bad because the wind chimes on my porch were like a heavy metal concert and actually kept me awake for awhile. This morning when I came out to the kitchen, looking out into my back yard, I saw that my patio table was upset and the umbrella was . . . well, where could it be ? . . . . OH, there it is! I was so excited to see it, that I threw open the patio door - and set off the alarm system! BELLS AND WHISTLES! Oh dear. After thanking the nice lady at the alarm company for caring enough to call me - I saved my umbrella and went about my day. Normally I would have been worried that the week started so strangely - but, heh! It got better after that!! Hope your Monday was a good one.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Welcome!!! Everything - from cards to commentary to the beautiful photo you used for your header - are WONDERFUL! While your kind words about me make me blush, they warm my heart, too. Thank you! About six months out of the year, I'm so jealous of anyone who lives in Arizona. And to think I might have been there myself had my kids not come "home" to roost! LOL. Again, welcome to the blogosphere! It's a great place!