Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspired by Kathi Carlson! (you'll see a LOT of these!)


I sure hope Kathi believes that old adage that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I love her style and imitate it whenever possible!!! She posted a wonderful card recently that I had to try. As often happens, I didn't have the same stamps - so I used some a little different. This is the card that my friend Jone suggested the liquid glass for (my comment last night). Anyone want to guess what stamp set I used for the vase? I'll give blog candy (small token!) to a random drawing from the correct answers I get by Saturday 4/4/09 . . . What? No guesses??? Ok, then, I'll just have to tell you. It was one of the wings from Bird Basics! I just trimmed the top and bottom to make it look like a vase! I'm actually pretty proud of it - it was a flash of inspiration after about 20 minutes of searching.

Details: Emporium papers, colors were Sweet Leaf, Spring Iris, Cocoa

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Glad to have inspired something so pretty!!! And I can't for the life of me figure out what you used for your vase. It's really pretty though. Unless I'm using it for glue, I have the lousiest of luck with Liquid Glass.