Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thinking of You card


Happy Sunday! I think if there is one blog that I've followed more than any other, it would be Kathi Carlson. Kathi has a style that I just LOVE. I learn from her posts, and admire her commitment to family. I want to be like Kathi when I grow up!

Anyway - I didn't have exactly the stamps she used to make this card - so I "improvised". I used the Close to My Heart bamboo background stamp (in bamboo ink, of course, it's a bit green) and then I tipped the ends of the stalks with a little flower that I cut off (yes, you can DO that with the My Acrylix stamps) from the September 2008 Stamp of the Month - I think it is called Moments to Treasure. Now that's a great stamp set - it made it into the catalog - you should get it!

What I like about this card is that it's a little bit somber without being depressing. I have used it twice now for a sympathy card. I do wish I had a stamp that said "with sympathy" but I've found that "thinking of you" works.

Want to know a secret? The reason I put the brown ribbon where I did - when I ran the background through my Cuttlebug embossing folder (Swiss Dots) I had to turn it around and run the other end to get it all embossed (it's a standard size card - but the folder is just 1/4 inch too short). There was a funky line where the two ends met. Well! That's a great opportunity for a ribbon!!!

Story for today - At church this morning, we tried to have a Fellowship Committee meeting but all of the meeting rooms were full! So, we settled into a corner of the parish hall, only to have the group getting ready for the rummage sale come in and start moving tables out from under us! It was really comical - our meeting was a bit shorter than usual with "promises to e-mail you" all around! We agreed that next month we'll meet outside if we have to.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: