Friday, February 5, 2010

Another "birthday" card!

True confessions, this was not a "new" card but rather the prototype card for a swap from about a year ago.  I don't think I've posted it before - if I have, please forgive me!  I mentioned on Tuesday I needed two birthday cards in a "flash" - this was the second one!  While I hated to say good-bye, I did get a decent photo of it so if I ever need to make another one . . . (do you get "attached" to your cards???  I think I need help!)

This is a close up of the butterfly -
I stamped the butterfly first directly on the green background & texture paper, then again on cardstock.  The top image was cut out and the wings propped up with a "wad" of glue dot!  It really works great, I must say!

So - GREAT NEWS!  I saw the surgeon yesterday and he cleared me for some Yoga!  We went over a Yoga anatomy book that I had brought, reviewed about 7 poses to see if they would be allowed.  There were two that he said "No!" but the others were either , "Yes" or "Try it".  I went to Yoga class tonight.  It was difficult - harder than I expected.  I've lost a lot of strength in my core, in my arms, and my legs (especially my right one)!  I still can't tolerate kneeling or even the prone positions where there is pressure on the knee cap- but it will come with time.   Tonight I stretched, and moved, and balanced (still great at balance poses) and focused my attention on my breath and my mat.  I honored the news from my sad body - and we were at peace.  I feel so relaxed and grounded.  I know I will sleep like a ROCK tonight (still in the same position when I awake)!  And I promise to not bore you with weekly updates, but I know in my heart that each week I will quickly gain in strength.  I will be back to where I was before the injury.  Oh my dear friends, this is such a milestone for me!!!  

Namaste.

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm so happy for you, and believe it or not, hearing your good news and positive, uplifting words will help ME sleep better tonight, too. Thank you!!

And your card, I've never seen it before. It's beautiful! I love the blue and green butterfly. If it wasn't the one you chose for the swap, I can't imagine the "real deal" being any prettier. And, yes, while I hate to admit it, I get a little attached to some of my cards. Silly.

Have a wonderful weekend, Sharli!!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this card, Sharli! I don't think I saw it here before, but even if I did, it deserves "review!" LOVE that DP and your fabulous butterfly! Just beautiful!

I am thrilled for you!! And so happy that you got back to yoga! You're doing fabulously and will only see improvement! So glad for you!!

I don't get too attached to my cards but I think that's 'cuz us bloggers have a computer ... and a blog ... full of photos of our favorites. Easy to recreate AND share!

Have a great weekend, my friend!!

~Hugs, Deb

Terrie Dodd said...

Awesome news Sharli! I know how it is when something that makes you feel so good is taken away. (even for a little while) Glad you can get back to it....Love the card too!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous card, Sharli! Nope, I don't remember seeing it before (but coming from me, the mistress of a bad memory, that may not be saying much-LOL). Love that butterfly!

Congratulations on getting the go-ahead for some yoga. That's awesome news, and I'm sure it will do wonders for your recovery!

Enjoy your weekend!

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

Cibele Glazer said...

What a gorgeous card! Your butterfly is beautiful! So glad you are healing and able to return to the things you enjoy, albeit a bit slower and more careful. Pretty soon you will be soaring like your butterfly. :)

Scossie Jane said...

Nice card Sharli, love the dimension in the butterfly....

Good news that you are allowed to do some limited yoga - slowly but surely....

xx

Julia Aston said...

This is so pretty Sharli! I love the papers you used and the layered butterfly!

so glad you are in a better place with being able to get back to your Yoga!

Sarah said...

YAY!!! for yoga.
The card is darling..the butterfly is perfect. I get VERY attached to my cards..When I send them to people I can't even write in them ha ..I use post-it's. How sad is that. I sold a card to a gal who said she was going to use it as a tag on a gift...I almost took it back!!!