Sunday, February 14, 2010

I made something!!!

A huge hooray for getting "bitten" by the bug!  I owe this card to Melissa Phillips - her card (here) reminded me of a technique I'd long forgotten - and this card was born out of playing around with it!  I was so excited to get into the craft room that I left all my chores half done!  But boy, does it feel good to make something again!  

It was a gorgeous day here (I hope I don't sound like I'm gloating - I'm just thankful) and I spent a good hour this evening puttering in the garden.  It's 7 and I'm waiting for dinner to be ready - the evening is here and tomorrow is work for me.  

Namaste.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Sharli, your card is so pretty. Love the colors and the lace. Thanks so much for leaving a note for me. I have missed our little "chats". I was thinking of you the other day while I was at the imaging center. They had a health mag from Mayo. We have a Mayo here in Jax. You probably knew that, huh?
I have a ton of work to do, but I really wanted to play today. I have tomorrow off and I have to get things done at my desk before I can go play in the scrap room. If I put it in writing I am more likely to do it. grins

Scossie Jane said...

Sharli, your Mojo has returned with a renewed passion - this card is stunning - love the colours and details xx

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! Glad you took the time to play today.

Your gorgeous day sounds wonderful. Spring will be so welcome and shouldn't be more than a couple of months away ... maybe. LOL.

Have a good week, friend!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful card, Sharli! I'm glad you took some time to play. Your weather sounds wonderful and good for you for enjoying it and not staying holed up inside!

Hope you have a great week!

Laurel said...

Oh such a beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful card Sharli! I love the text panels, wonderful colors and that lovely gold trim! Isn't it great to be inspired! I envie you your hour in the garden - mine is still snowy and frozen!

Deb Neerman said...

I'll say! This is fabulous, Sharli! WoW ... LOVE it! Looks like your mojo is back ... big time!

Sarah said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!!!
I almost cried when I read that you were puttering in the garden...wahhhh We are our 70 plus consecutive days with more than 5 inches of snow on the ground...wahhhhhh

Wendy said...

Nice cards!!!!