Saturday, February 27, 2010

Open Stamping Sunday - Easel Card

Tomorrow is Open Stamping at my house!  This month we will make an easel card.  I don't know why I've put this off for SO long - I was intimidated by it (but it was actually very easy).  There are dozens of tutorials out there so I won't even try to do a better one.  I used the sentiment on the inside - lifted on pop-dots - to be the "card-stop" for the easel.  The papers are the new Close to My Heart You Rock, and the images are in the new catalog, Springtime, while the sentiment is retired, I do believe.  Too bad, as this new set is perfect with this Bob Dylan quote!

It's Saturday.  I made it to Yoga this week and while it's much harder than before the knee problems and somewhat frustrating - I am making progress.  I just need more patience.  (deep breath, let it out slowly).  I know I'm doing a world of good for myself because I slept 10 hours last night without even moving - woke up in the same position I fell asleep in.  And feeling quite refreshed. :-)


I've got tons to do to get ready for tomorrow afternoon (laundry, shopping, cleaning, setting up tables, etc. etc.) so I'll get off the computer now.  Hope you have a terrific weekend!


Namaste.

10 comments:

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

I love your card!!! I've been meaning to try the easel card as well, but haven't yet for the same reason as you. Hopefully soon...

I know how frustrating it can be coming back from an injury, but be patient. One day you'll realize that the difficulty is gone, and left without you noticing.

stampmonkey said...

I think your easel card is so cute, Sharli! Very bright and happy colors, and that sentiment is always a favorite and it's perfect paired with the ducks and umbrella. I've never made one of those cards before, but the way you described it gives me a good idea of how they're done --thanks! ;)

I must've missed how you injured your knee, but glad to hear it's on the mend enough that you're able do your yoga and are sleeping well. ;)

BTW, I checked out all the other cards on this page and I LOVE all of them!! You've done wonderful things with that SOTM...makes me want to order one (glad there's still one day left in Feb -lol). Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hope you have a good turn out and have a blast with your stamp group tomorrow!

Jeanne said...

What a great card, Sharli! Your groups is sure to love creating it. The sentiment is perfect and it's got a bright and happy feeling.

I'm sure it's frustrating to you to not feel like you are back where you used to be, I hope you continue to give it time to heal. It sounds like you are doing something right if you got such a good night's sleep.

Have fun with your friends today!

Alanna said...

WOW Sharli, your card is fantastic. I, too, have been intimidated by the easel card but I might just have to give it a try. I love that stamp set you used and your group is sure to be pleased.

I'm glad you slept so well last night. Just keep taking it one day at a time.

Kathi Carlson said...

LOVE your easel card, Sharli!! Not hard at all. And you're right about the sentiment being perfect for that stamp set (which, by the way, I have coming this week!!).

I understand your impatience but admire your perseverance. You'll get there!

Have fun with your stamp group today!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sharli, this Easel card is adorable! Cute umbrella & duck. Perfect for today's weather!

Fab said...

Hi Sharli, thanks ever so much for the kind words you left on my blog. That card of yours is simply adorable. I do like ducks and umbrellas ! :) X Fab

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is fabulous, Sharli! LOVE that DP and your fun color combination. You're on fire, girlfriend!!!

Curt in Indy said...

You did an AWESOME job on your easel card! This is one of my favs of yours. I'm so glad you finally tried one. They are so easy and you get such a great card for the effort! I'm glad your knee is making progress. Hearing you talk about how frustrating it can be, it reminded me of Gunther! LOL Keep healing! Best, Curt

Dawn said...

Love your easel card! What size is this? Your blog is very nice, btw.