Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Sympathy card

I am so lucky that someone out there put out a challenge about a week ago for a sympathy card - because I've seen all sorts of wonderful and inspiring cards!  Not that I tried to case any of them - I had my own rare moment of inspiration!  It happens.  Once in a blue moon.

Everything but the lace is Close-to-My-Heart.  The sentiment is embossed with Desert Sand embossing powder (I think that color is retired - but it shouldn't be!).  Since the card base is Cocoa, there is an ivory liner inside so I could write a note to my friend. 

I'm running a low-grade temp tonight and therefore keeping myself away from others and going to bed early.  I just thought a moment visiting your blogs would cheer me up!  And it has!  Thank you all SO much - you are precious to me!

9 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is gorgeous, Sharli! Every square inch of it! Love that flower stamp!!

It was this week's Stamp Simply challenge. You can check out all the deets HERE. Enter this beauty in the challenge, Kiddo!!!

Hope you're not getting sick?!? Rest, drink plenty of fluids, and eat a 5lb box of chocolate. Dr Deb's orders ...

Jamie Harder said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!! The flower is beautiful and i love that lace!! Hope you feel better soon:-)

Alanna said...

Sharli, this is so pretty and elegant. I love the look of the lace. Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope you can get some good rest.

Kathi Carlson said...

Yours is the perfect sympathy card. It's beautiful, Sharli! I see you have some pretty ecru lace there, too.

Hope you're not coming down with something and that a good night's sleep has you feeling perky again.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card, Sharli! Love the flower and that lace. Wow!

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I'm hoping you got a good night's rest and will feel oodles better today!

Scossie Jane said...

A beautiful sympathy card Sharli, I'm inspired xx

Laurel said...

Wow, this card is so gorgeous!

Sarah said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Absolutely LOVE it...I WISH I had gotten that stamp set now :0(
Feel better soon...this sick stuff is the PITS

Leslie said...

Wow, I love it. You did a beautiful job on this card. I will definitely be casing this. Your coloring is fantastic.
Get well before you get sick.!?!