Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Sympathy Card

This card was inspired by a recent challenge template that produced some outstanding cards!  One of the cards that used the pattern was by Silke Ledlow.  I'm pretty happy with it - too bad I need to give it away tomorrow!  Sometimes I like a card enough to want it to stay (forever) KWIM???

Open stamping today was wonderful!  I was very productive.  My work anniversary is tomorrow - and I finished up 24 gift tags for the home-made brownies and boxes of Girl Scout cookies that I'm giving to co-workers.  I also made this card and another I'll post later in the week.  

I'm nearly ready to hit the sack (as they say!)  Hope you all have a fabulous week!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

This is a beautiful card, Sharli! The flowers are lovely, and the leaf accents are perfect. I would want to keep that one, too.

It's so cool that you celebrate your work anniversary. Cooler yet that you have a job you love. Enjoy the day and the rest of the week that follows.

Jeanne said...

Kathi always shares wonderful comments and I have to agree with each word she said.

I, too, am in the need of a sympathy card or two and I am dreading having to create them. I keep putting it off. This week for sure.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and your co-workers will truly appreciate your thoughtfulness, I'm sure!

Alanna said...

I can definitely see why you might want to keep this one Sharli. It is GORGEOUS.

Laurel said...

Oh this is gorgeous!

Carolyn said...

Very pretty! Stunning is more like it!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is just gorgeous, Sharli! I can see why you'd like to keep it!!

Love the stitchin' and those fabulous leaves ... one of your best. cards. evuh!!!

Julia Aston said...

Pretty sympathy card Sharli! love the three panels and leaves!

stampmonkey said...

Your card is sooo pretty, Sharli! Your stitching adds such a nice touch, your leaves are beautiful, and I think you did a great job with your coloring too. Beautiful sympathy card.

hugs to you!