Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I give up!

I give up!  I've spent the last hour searching for the source of inspiration for this card . . . with no luck!  I have the photo of the one I was trying to copy - but it's not signed and I didn't re-name it when I saved it (must have been in a gawd-awful hurry!). I wanted to link to the original and give credit for this beautiful design.  It wasn't that long ago - and the original version was a LOT just a touch more beautiful than mine, but this is passable.  If you know who it was, please tell me!   I used PTI scripts for the background (in Vanilla Cream pigment ink) then stamped in Olive ink over it with Close-to-My-Heart Love Flourishes and Moonstruck ink for the little buds.  A simple card, actually.  


Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your sweet comments!!  I didn't mean to be "fishing" for compliments with the last post - it was "pure honesty" that made me say what I said - and you have made me blush so much that I'm afraid my cheeks will look like I've been hitting the wine bottle again!   


Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli! Love the colors, the text background - everything about it.

About not being able to find the card that inspired you, I've done that so many times. I don't save them anymore but think I will be able to remember the blog. Right.

So, you get flushed when you drink wine? I wish that was my problem. Wine gives me an instant headache. I love it. It doesn't love me.

I've you've got a whole room, you might have room for a mammoth printer like mine. I cannot believe how big it is or that I didn't even check to see what its dimensions were. Oh well, we'll be finding out how creative I am in different ways.

It's hump day tomorrow! Hope yours is a good one!!

Jeanne said...

Such a beautiful card, Sharli! I appreciate your giving it a good try to find the inspiration. Do you use Google Reader? I "star" the cards/projects I like so I can scroll through to find my inspiration piece. Of course, I also have to print them out so I can take it out to my craft room(I originally spelled that toom, like tomb...how funny) When I print it out, I add the blog/creator and sometimes date, so I can find it again. Maybe that will help??

Hugs!!

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card, love the colors!

Deb Neerman said...

Just gorgeous, Sharli! A fabulous color combination, too!

Curt in Indy said...

Sharli! Love this card so much. The colors are just beautiful, and when I clicked on the picture to make it bigger, I really got to see all the tiny little words on it. What a beauty this is! Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

such pretty colors on this Sharli! and those swirls are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Love the details and the shimmer of your card, Sharli! Simple but very elegant!