Friday, March 26, 2010

Something "Fun"!


These are little magnets - I created them using the flat glass pebbles that used to be with my floral arranging stuff.  Aren't they fun?  The image was stamped over a light pattern, on white or vanilla cardstock.  It was punched out with a 5/8" circle punch and adhered to the glass pebble with Liquid glass.  Once dry enough to handle, a small circle of magnet was added to the backside.  

Well, TGIF.  I've had a difficult week and am really thankful for the weekend!  I have a "to-do" list for Saturday, and Sunday my dear local  friends are going to come over to play (scrap) with me.  It will be so nice see my friends again.  I was blessed with a strong Yoga practice tonight - and felt so refreshed and alive leaving there.   I'm gaining strength in the right leg (knee) and tonight was able to do some poses I've not been able to do since well before the surgery.  That felt really good!  I will sleep deeply tonight as I'm all stretched out and relaxed and I'm also tired.  


Have a wonderful weekend.
Namaste.

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your magnets are wonderful, Sharli! So cute and colorful. Did you use CTMH ink?

It sounds like you had an awesome yoga class. I'm so glad to hear your knee is getting better.

Enjoy your weekend, sweet friend!

Leslie said...

Love your pebble magnets. I made some using emporium paper, but didn't have the right size punch so the paper kind of hangs off around the edges. They still work, but it is probably time for a change and now that I have seen yours and how they should be done, I may tackle them. My front door is steel so I use the magnets to post notes to DH and DS, put mail up to go out, put up stuff that I don't want to forget to take to work.

Jeanne said...

Lovely magnets, Sharli and definitely fun! Great idea.

I'm glad you had a good yoga session and hopefully this morning you are up and raring to start your weekend.

Laurel said...

So cute! would make a super little gift!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi - you're right, Close-to-My-Heart inks. The red one started out Tulip (can you believe it?) but the LG changes the colors. I tried the Pansy Purple 2nd generation (the light one) but decided I liked them darker instead.

Carolyn said...

Hi Sharli, thank you for visiting my little Korner & your sweet comment!
You do beautiful work! I love your blog, and your banner is gorgeous!!
I'll be back! :)

Deb Neerman said...

These are just fab, Sharli! So bright and fun! What a cool gift, too!

Glad to hear that your knee is almost good-as-new! Yay!

Enjoy your weekend, Sweetie!

Nancy Ball said...

These magnets are great, Sharli. I visit your blog, but forget to comment. Thank you for always commenting when you visit mine!

Alanna said...

These are so cute Sharli. A good friend of mine made something similar, except they were pictures of our family members. So now, my fridge has all of my good friends on it, in the form of a magnet.

I'm glad you are getting a bit stronger. I know you'll be back to 100%, I'm sure it just takes awhile.