Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hello! You're the BEST!

Hello!  It felt SO-O-O good to get into the stamp room today - and since I had a very inspiring card to case, it was pretty smooth getting the stamps back in my hand and moving over the paper!  This card by Ashley Cannon Newell inspired me!  As always, I had to change it up a little (I like it though - it's not "Ashley" quality but it's not bad).  I decorated the inside with a touch of Tulip-color design paper and a birthday greeting.  

The stamps used were a background stamp from Hero Arts (thanks Kathi - I've used this one stamp more than most of my others!); the sentiments were Close-to-My-Heart and the colors were Tulip and craft.  There is a stripe of Garden Green design paper (from Emporium) but it almost looks out of place so I would probably change that next time.  

Today I went to church in the morning, attended a Fellowship meeting afterwards, and ran more loads of laundry.  I cleaned all of my floors.  Then I allowed myself to sit and play.  At 4:30 I headed outside to enjoy the gorgeous Arizona weather while doing much needed yard work, and reminded myself that I am healthy and strong.  Blessed beyond belief!  Thankful.

Hugs.

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Lovely card, Sharli! I love your ruffled ribbon. I don't mind enabling either when the stamp is put to such good use.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Glad you had time to play!

Have a great week, Sharli!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Sharli. I love everything about it.

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! Glad to have you creating again!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I'm sure it felt fabulous to create again, Sharli! And create you did, this is one fantastic card. I'm enamored of the ruffly ribbon on the side and the vibrant colors! Lovely!

I'm glad you were able to get so much accomplished, too. That always feels good!

Deb Neerman said...

No, you're the best!!!

LOVE this Sharli!!! You've totally made this fabulous project your own! Love that ruffle, too!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sharli!! Your card is so beautiful! What gorgeous colors! I especially LOVE the double knotted ribbons! What a great effect. I think your card is an inspiration! Well done. Best, Curt

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning, I luv it!
I am offering a blog give away, check it out if you have time...sending you sunshine!

enjoy *~*

Deborah Young said...

Sharli - thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am following you now - ha! I have to tell you two things - I LOVE Chihuly....and in just a few days I am meeting the one and only Ashley Newell that you cased here I agree...she is sooo inspiring!