Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thanks for the Lovely Tea!

This card was in response to a beautiful "High Tea" party that I was lucky enough to attend last weekend.  It was a benefit for a group-home organization - a very worthy cause!  There were over 200 people attending and the event was extremely well organized.  I had a LOVELY time! The stamps are called Lovely Shelf by Nina Brackett.  It was  inspired by Makiko Jones, here.  It's a huge set of really useful stamps!  I was glad I bought it when I got the invitation to this tea!!


My post will be short today - the short version of a very long story is that my SIL is in town in ICU.  Her daughter is here from Australia and staying with me.  We are mostly running back and forth to the hospital.  Prayers would be wonderful, for Britta, for healing and for her medical team, for wisdom.  Perhaps for Elisa, too, for comfort.  Thanks dear friends!!


Namaste.

14 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

This is a beautiful card, Sharli! Every element is lovely.

Your SIL and niece will be in my prayers. And you take care!

Leslie said...

Love the card. The pearls are so fitting with High Tea.
I pray for your SIL, her physicians and your family.

Lori said...

Love your card. Sorry about your SIL. I will keep her in my prayers.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card! Sorry about your SIL, hope she gets better soon.

Alanna said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharli. I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. I hope that things improve.

Sarah said...

Soooo sorry about your SIL...Prayers coming your way!
The card...well it's fantastic!

stampmonkey said...

I'm sorry to hear your SIL isn't well and will say a prayer for her as well as for you and your niece.

Your card is simply stunning, Sharli! I love the colors, the background stamping you did, the ribbon, the scallop border, and of course all the wonderful detail you added to the shelf itself...guess it's safe to say I love it all! lol

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli! LOVE it!

Your SIL and niece will be in my thoughts and prayers ... and you too, of course!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love Teas. High teas are very special. I was lucky enough to attend a tea in Alabama while we lived there. My husband worked for the owner part-time so I got to attend one while he was working one time. Love it so much and love their little food stuffs. Great job on your card and it is so elegant...much like a tea. TFS
Iona

Unknown said...

Sharli, Britta and Elise are in my prayers! Keep us posted. And take good care of yourself too. :) What a pretty high tea card! Love the ribbon, pearls, and color combo. It appears that everything is truly sitting on a real shelf too!

Anonymous said...

Sharli my friend i have your SIL and neice in my prayers. My brother lives in Australia and I know what a joy it is to have them back in the states. To have them in an emergency situation is trying. Hugs and prayers go out to all of you. Iona

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm suffering from Sharli withdrawal! Hoping all is OK with you!!

Curt in Indy said...

The purples are stunning on this card! I love this stamp set and what you did with it. You bow is beautiful! Best, Curt

Mary said...

Beautiful work, I enjoy your blog a lot. TFS