Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Inspired again!

This card was "inspired" by Laurel Seabrook (I couldn't find her post - I think she has it out for publication!). I fell so hard for her card that I ordered the PTI stamps and dies so I could make it! Oh my! Everyone KNOWS I am not Laurel Seabrook! Just a wannabe!

I used Close-to-My-Heart inks and papers (the brown check is the back side of the blue check), and changed up the theme from "birthday" to "Thank You" (because I needed a TY note). This was actually VERY quick to make and I'll be going to it again and again - very cool!

So - update on life; one of my favorite things about having my DD home last week was that at (my) bedtime, she would crawl into my bed and we would chat until my eyes closed! Gosh, I miss her! She's only been gone about 36 hours and I'm already counting the days until I get to Boston!

In this hectic build-up to the holiday season - it's good to take a few moments to remember the simple things that bring us pleasure. Closeness to loved ones tops the list - every . single . time .

Hugs!

10 comments:

Carla said...

Fabulous card! I don't remember seeing Laurel's like that - I must have missed it! I can see why you wanted to CASE it though!!

Laurel said...

(((hugs))) you are so sweet! LOVE this card! LOVE that car!

Carolyn said...

How cute is THAT!! I think i need to go shopping. (:
Where did you get the cloud die? So glad you had a wonderful time with your daughter!

Carolyn said...

Never mind I found it!

Karen B. said...

Great card! Great CASE too!

Jeanne said...

Laurel always amazes me with her creations and just how many of them she can whip out in a short amount of time! Your take on her card is simply fabulous! Too funny that you ordered the stuff just to make it. I've been known to do that a time or two (or three). You're in good company.

I love hearing about your relationship with your daughter, Sharli. I hope my girls and I will have one similar to yours.

HUGS!

Alanna said...

What a great card. I love that set from PTI but have never done something nearly as cute with it.

I'm glad you were able to spend lots of good quality time with your DD. I'm sure you miss her terribly.

Jamie Harder said...

This is FABULOUS!!! Love, love, love the clouds and that car....how cute!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

This is the cutest card ever. The car. The clouds. The checkered paper. I love it, Sharli.

And you are so right about family. With nearly all of mine so close, I sometimes take them for granted. For you, the advances in communication have got to help. Still it's not like those wonderful bedtime chats.

Curt in Indy said...

This is one of my fav cards of yours Sharli! I love the cutout clouds and how you have layered it. Also love the rounded corners which gives a great tie in to the car! Best, Curt