Monday, November 8, 2010

Snowy - Starry night

Sometimes when I have a hard time creating something I fiddle around and just do anything! Does that happen to you, too? This was the result of one of those days - where I felt like my Mojo had disappeared and I really needed to be making a sympathy card and a thank you card but I kept pulling out holiday stamps! I absolutely LOVE this card! It is "uber" simple - the stamp is white embossed on a pattern paper from my stash. I didn't even pop-it up so it's completely "mail-able" for holiday cards. Inside I placed a pretty white paper to write a personal note . . . Can you go wrong with navy blue and white? I didn't think so!

My DD went home this morning. SO sad. We had a wonderful visit - sorry I was gone so much but I treasure every moment with her actually HERE! I shared her this time with her father's family - it was her "Farfar's" 90th birthday celebration last week (the reason for her trip!). I was invited and try as I did to talk him out of it ("you can see me anytime") he wouldn't hear of it! So, I went. And it was absolutely wonderful! I had a great time - the other guests were gracious and kind. He enjoyed himself and treated us all like royalty! It was a birthday party to remember forever!!!

While I'm sharing - my DD got a long-term substitute teaching position yesterday! Talk about an exciting day!! We were so thrilled - it seems like a wonderful school with great colleagues for her - she will be teaching 8th grade math which is her absolute favorite! The experience will look good on her resume - and so one never knows where this will take her. Thank God for this opportunity!

So - with that, and with gratitude for my own job, I will close. Have a wonderful week, dear friends.

Hugs!

PS - I don't know WHY the first paragraph is underlined - I've tried everything to make it go "away"! If you know, please let me in on the trick!

6 comments:

Carla said...

Love the card! So pretty!
Glad you had such a nice weekend too!!

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sharli... what a pretty card! I'm glad you have had a nice time with your daughter, and that she has received a wonderful new job!... not sure what happens with blogger sometimes, but I get that underline too, so I just start over, don't know how to fix it!... xoxo Julie Marie

Karen B. said...

It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful and quality time with your daughter! Hoorah! Love the CAS card as well, with the bold background and pops of white.

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli and I really love that it's "simple", even thought it doesn't look simple.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your daughter and for that I'm so happy for you! Congrats to her on her new substitute position. I can tell you from personal experience, those can most definitely lead to contracted positions as it did for me)! Good luck to her.

I'm glad you went to the party and had a super time.

Hope your week is shaping up well, too.

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, my friend. And no you can't go wrong with navy and white.

I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful visit with your daughter. Hope you week is a good one!!

Unknown said...

Sharli, I LOVE the way you fiddle around. :) VERY pretty card!

(Try getting the underlining to go away by going back to edit your post in html -- not the compose tab -- just click on the html tab. Then look for u and /u codes inside carat marks-- delete those codes.)

Hope that works for ya!