Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sympathy

Another sympathy card. This one is a little too "pretty" for my tastes. I may not keep it (I mean, not send it). But it was part of the {just try something} process I was using last weekend! Close to my heart papers, the stamped image is a Papertray Ink one. The cocoa circle under it was dry embossed with the wood grain CB folder and inked with cocoa ink to give it more depth.

Well - news from the home front - my DD went to meet the Superintendent and sign paperwork on Friday. The plan was to shadow the math teacher a couple of days next week then wait in the wings until the baby comes. But, life does have it's little surprises ( ! ) and the teacher went into labor while Kristen was at the district office. She immediately went over to the school and began orientation with the rest of the 8th grade team. When I talked with her last night she was excited and exhausted. Oh to be so young and brave!

Hope you're having a perfect weekend! I'm off to visit everyone and be INSPIRED!
Hugs!

10 comments:

Laurel said...

Very nice, I do love that tree stamp!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, a very pretty card!... Good luck to your daughter, how exciting for her to start her new job!... xoxo Julie Marie

Karen B. said...

I think it is a fine card Sharli, and even if it might not be your favorite I am positive that the recipient will appreciate it.

Unknown said...

So happy for your DD for this teaching opportunity!

I like your card's color combo & tree stamp. Happy weekend!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I agree with Karen...I would imagine that the recipient would be touch by your kindness with such a beautiful card. Lovely rich colors. Outstanding.

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is gorgeous and not at all "too pretty" to send. That tree stamp is one I have been eyeing forever. You did it proud.

How wonderful that Kristen is a math teacher. They are in short supply in a lot of areas. Excited and exhausted isn't a bad combination. She'll love it.

Jeanne said...

I think your card is just wonderful, Sharli! The recipient will be so appreciative when you send it.

Congrats to your DD! Nothing like having to jump in with both feet. I wish her all the best!!!

Jamie Harder said...

You should keep it (send it), it is lovely!!!

Alanna said...

Your card is beautiful. You should send it.

Sounds like your DD is just jumping in. I hope she has a fabulous experience.

Curt in Indy said...

Another beauty! Love the colors on this one and I love the simple circle image. I think it is perfect for sympathy or other uses too. Boy, your DD couldn't have had better timing, huh? I wish her luck on her teaching! Best, Curt