Friday, November 19, 2010

Masculine birthday card

I was just going through the images that my daughter left on the camera when she was here earlier this month and found this card! I made this the night before (with great pressure!) for her grandfather's 90th birthday. I used pattern papers from PTI but did some enhancement with stamps and CTMH bamboo ink. The sentiment is from a Close-to-My-Heart set; I just love that one, and it pretty well sums up my FILs approach to life. He has never waited for things to happen - he goes forward and creates it! He liked the card, but he was so funny - he was enchanted with the ribbon ("it's soft and fuzzy - like corduroy pants").

Well, the big excitement last night was that I got to attend a pre-release private showing of the new Harry Potter movie! Wow, that was fun! My employer actually had two theaters reserved for just us - and the children of all ages came dressed in their favorite character and house colors! The movie was great, even if it meant that I didn't get home until nearly 11 PM.

So - good thing I have today off! I'll probably need a nap this afternoon ;-)
Happy Friday!

14 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli, what a pretty card, and how cute he loved the ribbon!... Glad you had a fun time at the movie... enjoy your day off!... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

What a special card for a very special person--love that soft ribbon & the sentiment!

How fun to be among the costumed kiddos to watch the newest HP movie! Have a wonderful weekend (can you nap under your desk today?)!

Jamie Harder said...

I love that ribbon too:-) it feels so nice!! This is a GREAT masculine card!!!

Lucky you to see Harry Potter!! Sounds so fun!

Kathi Carlson said...

A wonderful card for that special man - and so cool that he liked the ribbon.

Did you get your nap? It sounds like the movie was fun, worth the late evening.

Have a great weekend, Sharli!

Laurel said...

Oh I really love this card!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous card and I loved his reaction to it. *Ü*

How neat that you got to see the Harry Potter movie. Hope you got that nap you probably needed.

Enjoy your weekend!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Great card!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Great card!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love those papers.

How fun about going to see the movie.

Deborah Young said...

Sharli, this is really beautiful!

mE said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!!! I love this card!

Inky Smiles!
Erin

Carla said...

Sharli - this card is FABULOUS!!
Love it!

Curt in Indy said...

Love this card Sharli! That sentiment is wonderful. I smiled at the comment about the ribbon. What a fun outing at the private showing! That sounds like a blast. I'm a big Harry Potter movie fan. I bet is was fun to see the kids dressed for Potter! Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

What a great design on this Sharli! love the papers and wonderful sentiment!

How fun you got to see the Harry Movie at a private showing!

Have a wonderful thanksgiving dear friend!