Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just a Note (Thank You Note)

This card was the result of some papers already out on the table - that happens to me a lot! When I start with some, then I'm inspired to use them in a different way and the whole thing can get out of hand! When we had the beautiful black/white/beige papers called Silhouette I think I didn't use anything else for about a month!

Anyway - it's CTMH paper and stamps. I used Lagoon ink, and Baker's twine that my dear friend Karen (Baker) sent me! Awesome stuff!

The weekend was once again too short! I went to battle yesterday with the HUGE overgrown bush on the front corner of my house and . . . the bush won. LOL I'm covered in scratches! I will have to wear long sleeves this week or people will think I'm trying to tame wild tigers.

Today I scrapped with a close friend and enjoyed every minute of it! I made a little scrapbook for another friend to give her DGD . . . I like it! I took photos, but to be honest, I don't get much from layouts without any pictures or journaling on the page - they seem so blank somehow! Maybe I'll post just a couple of them later in the week - we'll see how I feel after sleeping on it.

Have a wonderful Monday!
HUGS!


10 comments:

Laurel said...

Awesome card, love the twine and buttons!

Carla said...

Great card Sharli!!

Alanna said...

What a darling card. I still love those CTMH papers and think I still have some as well.

Sorry to hear about you coming out on the losing side with the bush. That doesn't sound like any fun.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card Sharli!

Jeanne said...

Your card is fabulous, Sharli. Love the use of the buttons and twine (thanks for a new color combo to try). I'm glad you got some scrapping time in!

But I'm bummed to hear that the bush won in your battle. Next time, I'm sure you'll emerge victorious!

Have a great start to your week, my sweet friend!

Curt in Indy said...

What a great note card! I LOVE what you did with the twine and buttons on this. I don't think I've seen that anywhere else. I love that look. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Julia Aston said...

So sorry to have not been by to visit for a while Sharli! I read with interest about your daughter and her visit and her teaching job! How wonderful for her that she has started already!!

Did I read - you'll be visiting the Boston area sometime soon!?!?! where will you be??? maybe we can meet for lunch somewhere???

I'm having surgery tomorrow but expect to be home Thurs or Friday - and then will be home from work for 6 weeks! hopefully feeling well and able to stamp!

Unknown said...

Cute as a--three--buttons! I want to know more about Baker's Twine!

Please use leather gloves that go up to your elbow next time you tangle with Bush! You must save your hands and arms for major scrapping times. :)

Kathi Carlson said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who frequently works with what's out on the desk. Your card is awesome. Great layout.

So, you fought the bush, and the bush won. I hope the scratches heal quickly and that the bush doesn't require any attention for a while.

Hope, too, you have a great week!

Carolyn said...

Very pretty!! i still love those papers! Screams WINTER!