Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gloria

This project was inspired by Ashley Cannon Newell (here). I love how it turned out - so festive! The white is actually white felt - and so is the green on the top of the tag! The tag pulls out and there is a gift certificate at the bottom of it. It was easy to create (with Ashley's great tutorial - Thanks Ashley!) The sentiment is from Everlasting Life - a new Close-to-My-Heart set this winter.

I had the most wonderful Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving! I flew out to Boston to be with my DD and her beau. I walked around the town, slept in late, ate w-a-y too much and then we got in the car to go "over the hills and through the woods" to Brian's family's in Connecticut. This was my first time to meet most of them (I don't really count the 5 minutes at the Senior picnic at the BU graduation 2007). His family is just delightful! I fell in love with them, just like my daughter did three years ago.

Look at this precious couple!She is so happy!

I am so happy!

We have a lot to be thankful for.
Hugs!

11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! Your project is gorgeous. I love everything about it.

I am happy to hear you had such a wonderful thanksgiving with your daughter, her boyfriend, and his family. The couple definitely looks happy - so young and vibrant, too. Is there anything we want more than for our children to be happy? I don't think so.

Have a great week, my friend.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli... what a pretty card! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving... your daughter is a cutie!... xoxo Julie Marie

Laurel said...

Beautiful project, wow! Glad your Thanksgiving was good, your daughter is so cute!

Carla said...

Oh my goodness - this is just beautiful!!
Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving!! Your daughter and her beau look sooo happy!!

Scossie Jane said...

Hi Sharli, it's good to be back in Blogland - I've really missed visiting your blog....

This project is a beautiful way to present a gift voucher - love the felt, and the decoration is gorgeous....

Hugs xx

Jamie Harder said...

That project is GORGEOUS!! Off to check out the tutorial:-)

Glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving!!!

Alanna said...

What a fabulous project. So much detail and texture.

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful and the couple looks fabulous together.

Karen B. said...

Wow, that is an amazing project! Love everything about it, and your daughter looks SO happy!

Unknown said...

Glad you're back, Sharli! I love the felt, berries, and Gloria on this beauty of a card! I hope you have a scrapbook layout planned for your memorable New England Thanksgiving. So happy for you, your DD and her prince!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!! Sweet picture of the happy couple! It makes a mom proud & happy when our kids are happy! :)

Julia Aston said...

I love this pretty project Sharli! The felt and foliage look lovely!!

Looks like you had a lovely family Thanksgiving! so sorry you were 'here' and I didn't get to meet you!