Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

I had it in my mind that Hanukkah started today - but the first candle was actually lit last night on December 1st. So, I'm late. (what else is new?) I try to make some Hanukkah cards for my friends who celebrate this holiday - it seems like the right thing to do!

This card uses a Stampin' Up image that was embossed with detail black embossing powder then colored with Close-to-My-Heart marker (Spring Iris) for the candles, Creme Brulee for the flames (with a bit of stickles!) and a gold Signo gel pen for the candlestick. The image was left in the nestability after die-cutting and sponged with Vanilla Cream ink. The sentiment is another CTMH set stamped in black ink. I think the design paper was Yellow Bicycle. I saw it months ago and the color just said "Hanukkah" to me so I've been saving it.

Work has been wild-busy this week - but that means that here we are - Thursday evening and it's the first time I've looked up! Yes, I'm pretty tired but it's also very satisfying - I'm getting a lot accomplished. I'm looking forward to the weekend to get my Christmas cards moving - - -

I hope you're having a wonderful week. Can you believe it's December already?? Ne meither! (that's from "My Father's Dragon" - my DD and I say that to each other all the time) *grin*

Hugs!

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow. An absolutely breathtaking card. The colors and sparkle are perfect.

Carla said...

What a great card Sharli! Those soft blues are so pretty!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card Sharli. And yeah for it being Friday tomorrow.

Kathi Carlson said...

What a gorgeous card - every detail is lovely. Beautiful colors.

Your week has been like mine - busy, fulfilling, and fast! Let's slow it down on the weekend. Don't you think we should?

Have a great Friday, sweet Sharli!

Laurel said...

Oh how pretty!

Julie Marie said...

What a beautiful card... how sweet of you to remember all of your friends and their celebrations... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

Beautiful color combo, Sharli! Love the glistening effect! I wish I had commissioned you to create Hanukkah cards for my friends--I'm SO behind with everything! But our tree is up and lighted, and I'm enjoying a festive home, so now I can get back to creating! That vendor fair totally wiped me out. Happy weekend!

Carolyn said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the colors! So sweet to remember your friend!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely menorah stamp Sharli - it looks wonderful embossed - very pretty design!

Cibele Glazer said...

At least you made a card. Every year I say I am going to make one and every year the week passes me by. Yours is beautiful and I have saved if for next year as inspiration.

Joan B said...

Beautiful job.