Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Tree with Liquid Pearls

Not a very clever title for the post, I'm out of ideas! This card was made with Basic Gray paper and Close-to-My-Heart stamps (Heartfelt Christmas). I used New England Ivy ink, and paper-pieced the pot from a red-dot scrap.
The pearls are three different colors of my new liquid pearls. These are SO easy to use!

Well, I have a new kitty (I think!). I brought him home yesterday afternoon and saw him for about 2 minutes before he disappeared! I'm thinking about naming him Bilbo Baggins - because he slipped the ring on his finger and became invisible! I know he's still here because there are footprints in the litter box. . . but seriously - he was pretty traumatized by the whole day. Once he's calmed down, I'll try to get a photo and you'll begin to wish you'd never asked me for one! *wink*

Have a good week, try to enjoy the preparations and especially take time for those you love! Hugs!!

11 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh, I am so excited to see your new kitty!... he will calm down...you just have to make sweet little kitty sounds... oooh, I wish I was there to help you, I love kitties so much!... Hurry and get a photo!... xoxo Julie Marie

Reynna said...

Your card is gorgeous Sharli. I love the big ribbon and how you did the tree.

And I'm loving the name you're thinking about for your new kitty. I'm sure he'll show himself once he gets himself acclimated to his new home.

Carla said...

Great card Sharli!! Love the tree!

Can't wait to see pics of the kitty!

Scossie Jane said...

Cool tree Sharli, love the Liquid Pearls, and the bow is a cracker - can't wait to see photo's of ??Bilbo Baggins?? - brilliant name.... Hugs

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli. Such a sweet tree and the bow...your bows always look great!

Congratulations on your new kitty. I hope he settles down quickly and realizes he's lucked out big time in having you for a mommy. Bilbo Baggins is a fabulous name! Can't wait to see him in all his cuteness!

Laurel said...

This is gorgeous, love that bow!

Curt in Indy said...

Love your card Sharli! I've never used liquid pearls, but after seeing your card, I need to get some. Really pretty. Love the logic behind the name! Congrats on becoming a new Mom! LOL Can't wait to see the pics (if you ever see him again!) Best, Curt

Karen B. said...

Hope your kitty will come out soon to play! Great card too.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli! Congrats on your new furson. Maybe Bilbo is hiding in your Christmas tree?

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors!!
So happy for you getting a kitty. He's probably checking you out spying on you. hahaha how cute!!
Can't wait to see pictures of him.

Sankari W. said...

Such a beautiful card!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your use of the liquid pearls!!! So awesome how you did the christmas tree !!!! Simply Beautiful!!!!
Sending you big hugs!
Sankari :)