Friday, December 17, 2010

A Tisket A Tasket . . .

At the Stupendous Stampers Unit meeting last weekend I made this little treasure! It's a basket - the papers I used are the Close-to-My-Heart Mistletoe. This basket used an entire 12"x12" piece of paper but it can be scaled down to anything divisible by three. I want to make a tiny 3"x3" one because I just KNOW it with be so adorable! My CTMH upline, Joanne, had this project as a little holiday treat for us! Thanks Joanne!!

I won't whine about my week - but it's been difficult. I've had two root canals on the same tooth. It's not over yet. The infection is pretty bad - the tooth is getting pushed out of the socket by the inflammation and I'm a little scared that I'm going to lose this tooth. So, given my good excuse, I hope you'll forgive my absence this week.

My big plans for this weekend?? I have an appointment to meet a rescue kitty. Yes, it's been a year since I lost my last two cats - and I promised myself a year pet-free to be sure I really wanted another cat. I do. There is something about their love - their antics - the purring . . . I really miss having my friend at home to meet me when I trudge in from work. Wish me luck - I am waiting for one that is the right "sighs". ;-)

What have you got planned? I hope you have some time to enjoy your loved ones and appreciate your good health! (seriously!)

Hugs!

11 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli... your little basket is so pretty!... I'm so sorry you have had two root canals, those are terrible things!... I do hope you feel better soon and they are able to save your tooth... how exciting you are getting a baby kitty that has been rescued!... I can't wait to see it... I want another kitty so bad, but we are still mourning the loss of our last little one that passed away... hope your weekend is better than your week was... xoxo Julie Marie

Karen B. said...

Surely hoping things will get a bit better for your before the holiday arrives and that you find the right companion. Your basket is so wonderful, and I agree that a miniature would be the cutest thing ever!

Alanna said...

What a fun basket. I hope that your tooth won't get any worse. That just sounds miserable. Good luck meeting the rescue kitty. I hope you find one that the right one comes along.

Terrie Dodd said...

Feel better friend....
Hope you find a new furry friend this weekend too! Hugs : )

Carolyn said...

Cute basket!
Oh my, hope you get your tooth fixed and don't have to lose it.
Yes, pets are fun and just like one of the family. Hope you find just the right one!
Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Your basket looks wonderful, Sharli! They are so fun to make.

I'm so so sorry to hear about your tooth troubles. Getting one root canal is bad enough, but two...on the same tooth, ow, ow, ow! Did they miss a root or where they not able to get it all due to infection? I hope you don't lose the tooth and you can find some relief soon! HUGS!

The story you linked was so very sweet. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you find your kitty sighs, soon. I know you'll know the minute you see him/her and I can't wait to hear all about it and meet him/her!

Hugs to you!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Wow Sharli - this basket is beautiful...such beautiful paper and such a fun design fold. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Jamie Harder said...

Cute basket! I like to make these at Easter:-) I hope you find that special furry friend!!!

Unknown said...

Sharli, I'll be praying your tooth can be saved! And I can't wait to meet your new PURRson via future photos. What an adorable basket -- maybe this would be cute for a Valentine's Day or a May Day surprise too! Weekend blessings to you!

Scossie Jane said...

Love you basket Sharli, would love to see your little one if you make it, sounds like it would be too cute....

Hope you don't lose that tooth, root canal work SUCKS.....

But, a beautiful little kitten to take your mind off the tooth - yay - hope you will post photo's of your new little friend....

Hugs xx

Curt in Indy said...

Love your basket Sharli! Love the paper you used for it. Very festive. I'm so sorry for your dental issues. There is nothing worse than dental issues. I hope you are healing by the time you get this comment! Best, Curt