Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm still alive . . .

Just a quick post to say "hello" and let you know that I'll be posting Friday! I've been busy in a wonderful way!!! Work is good, but coming home to my new baby is even better. Bilbo Baggins has definitely decided that I'm "ok"! He has some challenges; I think he might have been living in a cage - because he doesn't know about heights, or how to jump or about falling off of things. But he's so good-natured and he's learning quickly! He follows me from the living room (where he hid under the couch for a week) to my bedroom talking to me all the way. He even stayed with me in the bathroom this morning while I blow-dried my hair! He still doesn't come into the family room, even though I've explained that the entire house belongs to him - everything but the closet - that belongs to the clothes. *wink*

So - I work tomorrow (getting off early) then have an adventure planned for tomorrow night. Friday I've promised to help out at church in the morning and have a lunch planned with my dear friend Joanne. Then I'll come home and photograph some things I've made recently and put up a
real post! I've got the weekend to relax with my new best friend - and scrap and post (and eat black-eyed peas). I have been peeking at your blogs from work (where it's a no-no to comment) and hope to catch up this weekend.

Missing you . . . but loving my sweet kitty!
Hugs!

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks so much for the update, Sharli! I'm thrilled that Bilbo is coming around for you. What a happy feeling.

Looking forward to seeing a "real" post from you soon. Enjoy the holiday!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing everything you've been making, Sharli! I've missed you. :) Yay for Mr BB! Are you teaching him to jump? We have New Year's Day black eyed peas too! Happy 2011, dear scrapping friend!

Alanna said...

Bilbo just sounds adorable. He's lucky that you found him.

Sounds like a good couple of days coming up. I look forward to seeing something crafty.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh so nice to "catch up" with you, dear friend. It's great to hear that your kitty is getting comfortable in his new surroundings. I love that cats are such interesting creatures. They make for great stories. It sounds like you have some fun times lined up - good for you. Me? Resting comfortably. LOL.

Cibele Glazer said...

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a happy and healthy New Year! I was so excited to see your new addition. How adorable and now I KNOW you will have an awesome year!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Happy New Year Sharli. It sounds like you have been just as busy as I have been. I'm going to have to end vacation and get back to my job just to get some rest. HA!

Blessings to you in 2011!

Julia Aston said...

Oh Sharli! I'm SO happy to hear that Bilbo is adjusting and starting to realize what a wonderful life he is now going to have with such a wonderful mother!

Best not to think about what he may have suffered in his past life and just go forward curing him with your love!!! Happy New year to you both - dear friend!