Saturday, December 25, 2010

Introducing Mr. Bilbo Baggins

This photo could have been so much better, but Bilbo is still so skittish that I turned off the flash and all the sounds on the camera. Still, he was a little alarmed that I was pointing something at him! Today was the first day he came out of hiding - what a great Christmas present! I still haven't touched him - but he did roll around and cuddle my foot. LOL He purred!! I think it's going to be alright. I'm sure the turkey had a wee bit to do with his happy state!

I will post better photos as I can get them; not using the flash made the coloring all wonky - he is actually gray and cream colored - absolutely beautiful! He's 8 months old and already 15 pounds. He will be a very large cat. He has a snowy undercoat - and you can see hints of it on his tummy.

My Christmas was low-key but just what I needed. Tomorrow will be Open Stamping - I always love having the day with my friends!

Hugs!!

10 comments:

Alanna said...

What a cutie pie and I just adore his name. I'm glad he came out of hiding. I'm sure in no time that he'll be warming up to you.

I'm glad your Christmas was just what you needed. Blessings to you my sweet friend.

Scossie Jane said...

Welcome Mr Bilbo Baggins - he's a fine looking cat, and I'm sure will be at home in no time and a great companion for you Sharli....

Glad your Christmas was just the way you like....

Hugs xx

Unknown said...

So good to see BB and know that he's REAL! He's a handsome furson! Merry Christmas, Sharli, and have fun stamping tomorrow with friends!

Jeanne said...

Oh Mr. Bilbo Baggins looks like a truly handsome cat! Poor lighting simply cannot hide that fact. I'm so happy for you that he chose yesterday of all days to come out of hiding for a bit. And I love that he purred for you, too! I think that's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I'm glad you had a nice day and hope you have a blast with your friends!

Julie Marie said...

He is just precious Sharli!... and what a happy home he has found... xoxo Julie Marie

Lori said...

Aww. Isn't he sweet. I don't know too many cats that like the camera. My dog does, though and will even pose. lol

Jamie Harder said...

Awww what a sweetie!!!

Julia Aston said...

Oh Sharli! Bilbo looks so sweet - we have two cats (sisters) and although they are both a little skittish (they run and hide when ever anyone comes to the house) Boo - the bigger of the two hid for several days when we first broght them home! Now they both jump on my lap when I watch TV or read and sometimes sleep on the bed with me - so I'm sure Bilbo will do the same - he just needs to feel comfy where he is which takes time!

Karen B. said...

Well, he's a handsome one! Glad he's out of hiding for a while so you can get better acquainted with him.

Curt in Indy said...

What a handsome boy he is. I so admire your patience. I couldn't be that patient, so in my book that makes you pretty amazing. Bilbo is one of the luckiest cats in the world because he has you as his Mom! I'm so glad you found him. Best, Curt