Thursday, December 24, 2015

Charlotte colors and Thin Cut dies

This card was my attempt to imitate a card in the new Seasonal Inspirations book coming out January 1.  The smaller, blue flowers are the newest little mini-incentive stamp set (also effective Jan. 1).  

I achieved the color on the flowers and leaves by using a water-brush and picking ink directly off the ink pads (Sorbet and Pear).  (This was over the image stamped with Tuxedo Black ink and allowed to dry thoroughly).  The blue flowers were painted with the water brush and Crystal Blue ink, and then the ones with the purple center were enhanced using my Inktense watercolor pencils.  Actually, the yellow one was also, it just doesn't look as cool as the purple.  The ribbon was a piece from my stash. I inked the edge of the white piece with Sorbet and mounted it on a piece of Whisper cardstock before the base of White Daisy cardstock.  It's a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.

My daughter and her husband will be "home" until 1/1/16 so I won't be posting except for some scheduled posts.  I know you'll forgive me.  *wink*

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Gorgeous. Merry Christmas!

Kim Heggins said...

Merry Christmas! This is so beautiful..love those sweet colors.

Becca-expressions said...

Beautiful. Can't wait to see the new catalogue!!

I was trying to email all the people whose blogs I follow to say thanks for sharing their creativity with me with a link to my Christmas novella that's free today. If you haven't already downloaded it, I'd love for you to grab a copy. Here's the link: http://becca-expressions.blogspot.com/2015/12/mr-mrs-snowman.html

May your New Year be filled with blessings!