Friday, September 21, 2018

Happy Birthday to You

Do you remember Dew Drops?  Do you still have any?  I do!!  LOTS of them!! I was smitten with them and bought them by the bottles.  They look great on these cards - the light shines through them a bit.  The HAPPY is from a scrapbooking special (retired) and the rest of the sentiment is from one of the Birthday Sparkles.  Have you ever tried to mask a sentiment by putting washi tape over the word you don't want, inking the stamp up, pulling off the washi tape (carefully) and then stamping?  It works!!!!  The color was Espresso and the YOU is filled in with Sapphire.  I laced up the card with another oldie-goldie, the waxed twine.  These could be masculine cards, too!

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Those are sharp cards. Dew Drops......yes, by the bottles.....same with prima flowers! One day I'll use them for something!?

Jeanne said...

Oh yes, I do remember Dew Drops and had a few bottles. They look great on the cards. I like the bit of distressing, too. That used to be all the rage as well. ;) I think I gave most of mine away as I never used them and need the space for other all the rage items. LOL Your cards look wonderful Sharli. Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely weekend.

Kim Heggins said...

these are just wonderful...love that fabulous plaid.