Saturday, September 1, 2018

Thank You note


About two months ago we looked out the kitchen window and realized that there was a huge swarm of bees in the back yard!  They looked like moving clouds!  Steve called a friend, who knew a bee-keeper and so we asked them for help.  It took two trips to capture most of the bees and the queen but she got them all into a portable hive and took them to her farm.  We were thrilled that they were rescued rather than destroyed (I've had experience with Africanized Bees in AZ - they simply kill them).  

As if saving the bees wasn't enough, the bee-keeper showed up this week with a quart jar of honey!!!!!  I was so overwhelmed I couldn't say anything intelligent - - - just "OMG" and "Thank you" and "Are you SURE? - we owe YOU for the favor".  Well, I went looking for an idea to make a nice thank you note for them when I realized that I did have the address on the label of the honey! 

This is such a simple card once you know the trick.  Lisa Curcio has a nice tutorial if you're interested.  I used CTMH papers, inks, and stamps.   I love this simple card and will be making more of these!

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely design and pretty stampings on your thank you card Sharli! I'm sure the bee keeper loved receiving it - and how nice that she gave you some 'home made' honey! Bet it's delish!

Jeanne said...

What a pretty card, Sharli. The colors are beautiful and elegant and the florals so pretty. What a thoughtful gesture on the part of the beekeeper and then you. I'm sure that is probably the very best honey you've ever tasted. :) Hugs!

Becca-expressions said...

I'm so glad you were able to save the bees! And getting fresh honey out of it...BONUS!! You're beautiful card is sure to make them feel like they came out on the better end of that deal.