Saturday, December 12, 2009

Help? Cake in a cup . . .

Ummm. This isn't exactly what I was hoping for! It did make me laugh out loud, though!!! I found a recipe for making "cake in a cup" and last year I had scooped up some wonderful large cappucino cups on sale so I thought, "sure! With a little gift certificate - a very fun gift!". The first trial run (because we have to try chocolate cake, don't we?) resulted in a dry-as-a-bone hunk that was unedible. My second try was much better, but not an "oh-my-gosh" kind of yummy. I thought I'd try it with a whole egg (the recipe called for egg white) and a few more chocolate chips and this was the result! It's so amazing I just had to share it with you!

Do you have a really yummy cake in a cup recipe? I mean, oooey-gooey and with each spoonful you make little moaning noises? Would you share??

Happy Saturday!

8 comments:

Jen Caputo said...

LOL! It looks delicious!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

It appears your cup runneth over! LOL. How funny and how smart of you to experiment with the recipes before putting the gift together.

I did a quick Google search for "cake in a cup" and found the following link: http://www.budget101.com/recipes/id195.htm

Looks easy - for you and the recipient. Whether it would be "to die for," I'm not sure. LOL. There are more recipes "out there," too.

Great idea! Have fun! A wonderful weekend, too!!

Leslie said...

Too funny. I have wanted to try that recipe, but I am having second thoughts...
I did make some yummy chocolate wine balls though. Can't remember where I got the recipe, but they are so good. I may have to make more before our Christmas lunch as work.

Alanna said...

It certainly looks delicious. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with the perfect recipe for a great tasting cake.

Unknown said...

Sharli, your cup o' cake made me laugh...today I made the most awful looking and horrible tasting coffee cake (it didn't rise--the sugar topping burned) and I threw it out without getting a photo. Some days are just like that...have a wonderful Sunday!

Curt in Indy said...

OMG Sharli, I did laugh out loud when I saw it and then laughed out loud again when I read your first couple of lines! This was so funny! So, I did a little internet researching and found this interesting site:

http://blog.kingarthurflour.com/2008/10/19/re-the-5-minute-chocolate-cake-email-how-desperate-are-you/

Go take a look! Thanks for the laugh! Best, Curt

Jeanne said...

I loved Kathi's comment...and agree wholeheartedly.

I hope you find the perfect recipe (looks like you've gotten some good ideas here) and share with us.

Best of luck! (I kinda like the look of this one, though)

Julia Aston said...

Oh how funny (your story that is!) and this final try may not look too pretty but I bet it tastes Yummy!!!