Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update!

Surgery went well - I got home about 3:30 and had a bowl of rice and took a pain pill - - - then straight to bed. I slept a couple of hours, and awoke with a little nausea. I think I'll try to get off that particular pill as soon as possible.

I've been walking all over the house - it isn't any more difficult than it was before the surgery so that's great news! From here, it will just be getting better and better!

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. Oh, and for those who weren't sure what I was having done, it was a torn meniscus and removal of a cyst in my knee. The tear and cyst were worse than the surgeon predicted, but he managed them beautifully. Can you stand a funny story? The anesthesiologist was quizzing me before surgery on what I'd eaten and asked about my current pain. I said "yes" and he asked me to describe it. When I mentioned a headache, he asked if I'm a coffee drinker (which I most certainly am!) and then he ordered caffeine to be added to my IV!!! Now THAT's customer service!!!!

Namaste.

12 comments:

Lori said...

That's too funny. Hope you asked for a Starbucks. lol. Glad you are doing well. Have a Merry Christmas.

Sheri said...

So glad that your surgery went well! Merry Christmas and enjoy your morning coffee!

Jeanne said...

Okay, that is very cool that they added caffeine to your iv! LOL I'm so glad the surgery went well and now you can work toward a full recovery and hopefully no more pain at the end of it!

Merry Christmas, Sharli!

Leslie said...

Hello dear friend, glad your surgery was a success. Funny about the caffeine. I didn't know they could do that.
Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

So glad to see your update, Sharli, and read that you're up and about. That was quite the custom surgery with its perks!

Now have a merry little Christmas! My prayers for your healing continue!

Curt in Indy said...

I am so glad that everything went well and that you are on the mend. Loved the great story about the anesthesiologist! So funny. I wanted to also wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and all the best that the New Year has to offer you! Keep getting better! Curt

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sharli! so glad to hear your surgery went well - torn meniscus - uck! I'm sure you will feel tons better now! Merry Christmas to you dear friend!

Kathi Carlson said...

Merry Christmas, wonderful friend! I'm so glad to read your surgery went well. I'm also happy to get caught up ... too much "busyness" this year. Maybe in 2010 some of your organizational skills will rub off on me! Hope so!!

Alanna said...

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery is going well. The story about the caffiene in the IV just tickled me. Love it.

Charlene Austin said...

I hope you are recovering comfortably! Caffiene in an IV~~~ now that is a novel idea and I would gladly hook myself up every morning!! lol.

mE said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and that the surgery went well! I had knee surgery in 2005... shredded ACL which had to be replaced :( It's a tough recovery!

LOL @ your anesthesiologist... GREAT service!

Hope you heal up well!

E.

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, you poor thing .. I had no idea! I missed all this while on hiatus ... I'm soooooooooo sorry that I wasn't around to help cheer you on.

But I AM really glad you're doing so well now. And you seem pretty cheery too, so that's good!

Caffeine in an IV drip?!? Sign me up!

~Hugs, Deb