Saturday, January 7, 2017

House Mouse image

Does anyone remember Curtis OBrien from Curt's World?  I miss his amazing posts - such beauty in his art and in his look on life.  Last I had heard from him (May 2014) he was going through tough times and had stopped being creative.  I hope that some how he will see this post and smile.

Curt gave me this stamped image; in fact - he gave me about a dozen images all stamped on to heavy cardstock with the intention that I could learn to color them with my Prismacolor pencils and OMS.  I used a mixture of approaches on this one, and these are not nearly as lovely as Curt would have accomplished (he is the Master)!  But it was very fun to try and I have to confess that it was stressful coloring one of the few images that I have left from his gift to me.  I have been thinking of him a lot lately.

So, what a sweet little image of these mice using flowers for umbrellas! Hope you like it.  I used CTMH design papers, cardstock, and ribbons that are just from my stash. 

  

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Awww Sharli, I hope you reconnect with your friend again. How sweet that he gifted you such nice images. He wanted you to use them, so go for it! This sweet little scene is colored so nicely. Look at those cute little mice using the flowers as umbrellas. Great coloring and color choices. I hope your friend sees this and smiles. Then I hope he emails you and you can be in contact again. :) Hugs!