Sunday, January 1, 2017

A shaker card!

I think I've made one other shaker card in 15+ years of card making.  This one was "challenging" because I didn't use a foam adhesive that was thick enough - so my shaker items were all stuck!  

So, I can be taught.  The second attempt was better, with a double-thick foam tape.  I turned the card sideways (just because) and stamped some birdies escaped from the birdcage inside the shaker.  It's kinda fun to shake and find them.  Anyway - the stamps are the new kitty ones I got recently (not CTMH, sorry!) but the papers are all CTMH.  (sneaky peak!).  The birdcage and birds are really, really old CTMH stamps!  Nice to get ink on them finally!  (oops)

3 comments:

Alanna said...

What adorable cards Sharli. I love that cute little kitty. And yay for making shaker cards

Jeanne said...

These cards are super cute! That kitty in front of the fish bowl...looks a bit mischevious. And oooh, those birds are pretty sassy, too! Hopefully you had fun making the shakers. There's something satisfying about shaking them, that is for sure. :) Great job!

Kim Heggins said...

Two sweet shaker cards...love them both! Just adorable.