Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sea Shells (Revisited)

A week ago I posted a card design that looked a lot like these.  You can see them here.  To make these, I used the White Embossing Paste and a single drop of Lagoon re-inker.  I mixed them well, and smoothed them into a 6x6" stencil of swirls.  After it was completely dried I trimmed the pieces into halves so I could make multiple cards (I actually made 4).  To save paper (the saddle color) I flipped the piece that was torn so the white edge would show for both of them.  The shells were stamped with Desert Sand ink and cut out.  I used Dew Drops to imitate the bubbles you sometimes see in the water near the shore and on the sand.

Both of these sentiments are from a Verve set that I have that is called Carpe Diem.  I love this set - and am finally allowing myself to USE them!  The CTMH card stocks and dyes don't mind sharing space with Verve sentiments.  *giggle*

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

So pretty, Sharli! I really like the swirls that remind me of the waves at the beach. The shells are lovely. Happy that you got so many cards out of the elements on the card. Way to stretch the supplies. I think our goodies are happy to be used and don't worry what company they are from. :) Hugs!!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful....your shells are amazing! Love the wonderful scene you created, makes me wish summer were here.