Friday, January 13, 2017

Sea Shells

I must have a "thing" for seashells - I seem to have several different stamp sets with them!  I was imitating a Stampin'Up card with their new shells (they look like they have text on them).  I liked the watercolored sand and sequins.  Of course, my shells fit a little differently and I used different sentiments, but these turned out pretty good!  It is so much fun to watercolor!  Cardstocks and stamps are all Close-to-My-Heart.  The ink colors used were Goldrush, Saddle, Champagne and Cocoa.  The sequins are rose gold - not CTMH but something I found at Simon Says Stamps.  On the second card, the one with the smaller clam shell, I used wink-of-Stella to give the shell sparkle. 

Sorry for the delay in posts.  I dropped my cell phone one too many times.  It was out of it's protective case because it had been calling people in the middle of the night, and someone on an Apple i-phone blog suggested the case might be contributing to the problem.  The 2 am calls stopped with the case off, but the silly thing was so slick - nearly impossible to hold onto!  LOL  The last drop separated the front from the rest of it (about 1/8") and the camera quit working properly.  Well, I am about to go to Hawaii and I definitely will need a good working camera!  Geezsh!  So I now have a new-ish phone.  ;-)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful cards, Sharli! Wonderful colors, too! The sentiments are very uplifting. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry about your phone issue. My coworker got a new phone recently and put a thick rubber band around the thing (until she got a new case) so it wouldn't be so slippery. I thought that was a brilliant idea. :) Good to see you again! LOL Hugs!