Thursday, January 26, 2017

Zig Markers!

This card was one of the creations from the recent scrapping retreat with friends up in the mountains of AZ.  We had an adventure; it was beginning to snow as we pulled into town on Friday evening, and we were at the house for only a few of hours before the power went out!  The power came back on (briefly) - so we decided to call it a night and get into our warm beds!  Luckily.  It went out again about 11 pm and was out until early afternoon Saturday.  This home has lovely windows with loads of natural light so we were not at a loss for light - only heat! Even the hot water tanks were very cold so we weren't able to warm our hands in warm water.  LOL  But - considering all the on-and-off-again power issues, we had a blast and enjoyed each other's company!  I think I managed to make about 11 cards, so that's pretty good!  

This one uses ZIG markers.  I just was given a set by the fabulous Karen Baker.  I had never used them and the brush tips are just so easy to use!  You can blend the colors even after letting them sit for awhile (unlike most water based dye inks).  I love them and am guessing that I'll get better with practice.  

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, what an adventure you had with all the power issues at your retreat! Good for you ladies to stick it out and made the best of it. Eleven cards?!! Wow, I am very impressed! Congratulations. Your card here is beautiful. The pattern papers are lovely and you watercolored the focal flower piece wonderfully. I have some of those Ziggies now, too. Aren't they fun. How exciting for you to be gifted them!! Have fun! Enjoy your weekend. Hugs! :)

Karen B. said...

I received this lovely card today and it is so pretty! You did an amazing job with the zigs, I hope you get to enjoy them more.

Julia Aston said...

Sounds like a lovely place to be creating cards with friends Sharli! Losing power changed it into quite an adventure! So glad you all could still create in the chill - Your roses are gorgeously colored on this card! Julia xx

Kim Heggins said...

Lovely card...your flowers are so pretty! Sounds like you had quite an adventure!