Sunday, January 29, 2017



I had tried to make a 50th Wedding Anniversary card for some dear friends and really, really didn't like what came out.  So, while on the retreat, I tried again and this is what happened.  I used a "picture my life" type card from the paper pack for the focal piece on the front of the card.  In fact - the gray scallops are also one of those awesome cards!  With a couple of mats, and a piece of patterned vellum from the Home Fundamental paper pack, the front was looking classy.  

For the inside I actually got to stamp something!  I used stamps from the "I Do" set - Close-to-My-Heart and still current, I believe!  I love this set and know I'll be using it for a long time.  Instead of a wedding cake topper, I used numbers from one of the alphabet stamp sets (retired) and Saffron ink to resemble gold.  All this was stamped onto a piece of design paper from the Hello Lovely paper pack that looks like linen.  The card base is Glacier cardstock.  So - I am much happier and it's just in the nick of time!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Sharli! Way to make those supplies work FOR you! The front of the card is absolutely lovely and I really like that great cake inside. The 50 on top is super clever. Well done! Hugs!