Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Comedy Club audition

A friend of mine who happens to also be a neighbor recently invited me to a small gathering of his friends. The purpose was to hear and help (coach, perhaps?) him for an audition at a comedy club! He's got the best sense of humor - and everyone that knows him will tell you, he tells great one-liners and hilarious stories! A chance meeting with him in the morning before I leave for work can make the difference in my entire day - there is something about starting the day with a giggle!

So - to let him know that I was thinking of him and wishing for success (not "Good luck" - that's bad in the biz!) I made this "Break a leg" card! It's crazy busy and loud - actually a lot of fun and went together pretty fast. I just needed the idea and it took wings of it's own!

The audition was last night - they've asked him back! I'm just thrilled for him and can't wait to be one of the crowd laughing and cheering him on! Hooray!

All Close-to-My-Heart products. The Ha-Ha's were stamped with an assortment of alphabet stamps over design paper from Rock Star - as was the sentiment over the sunflower paper.

5 comments:

Deborah Young said...

Cute card, Sharli! Nice to hear your friend was invited back!

Laurel said...

This is so cute!

Jeanne said...

What a great card! And what a great friend you are. How thrilling that he was asked back!

Julia Aston said...

what a funky fun card Sharli! how super that your friend made the next round!

Curt in Indy said...

What a sweet story and card to match! I'm sure he appreciated this very much. It was sweet of you to do. I love all the "laughing" on the card. This was so perfect! Great job kiddo! Best, Curt