Saturday, August 21, 2010

Harmony - Sneak Peek

The focal image is from a new (9/1/10) Close-to-My-Heart stamp set called Harmony. The bottom was stamped with CTMH State of Mind. The little "Love This" is out of the stamp set that is featured with the current Triple Play promotion. I used "Sky" ink (a new one). I found the border punch in the clearance bin at Michaels for $4.99 - I like it!

I have been playing in the craft room - but this is the only thing I can show you that you haven't already seen! I was busy creating a number of the cornucopia card for a swap. It takes a little time to color all those veges! I picked up 2 new pencils at the store to fill in some colors I didn't have and in the process discovered that not all color pencils are created equal. I'll bet you knew that, huh. Well, I would probably color more often if I had a full set of the yummy ones! Alas, my budget won't allow it any more than I can justify getting all of the copics! So - I will use pencils with odorless mineral spirits (OMS) - but not often. My pencils are waaaay more work than they need to be. LOL

I had Yoga practice this morning with my favorite Yogi. It's a lovely way to start the day! Tomorrow I might be able to stamp before church, but then I'm meeting friends to see Eat, Pray, Love. I've read the book; I like to read the book first so my imagination can draw the pictures. I'm a big fan of Julia Roberts so I'm sure I'll like the movie. It's been at least 7 months since I've seen a movie. Can you tell I'm trying to re-claim my life?

Namaste.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Gorgeous card Sharli! I may have to add that stamp set to my wishlist! Love what you have done with it here!

Lori said...

Love your card. I have that stamp and can't wait to use it now that I have seen your card. Enjoy the movie and let us know what you think.

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, I have been staring at my own Harmony stamp set wondering how on earh I would use it.

Your card indeed is beautiful.....I just love how you've used this stamp set! I think I may actually ink mine up tomorrow!

Karen B. said...

What a sweet image and beautiful card you've created here. Love the color combo.

Leslie said...

Love the card. Like all the other comments, I haven't inked mine up yet either, but plan too. Will come back for another peak when I do.
Enjoy the movie. Julia is one of my favorites also. I didn't read the book when I had the chance on loan from a friend. Can't go to the movies without getting a migraine. Will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Let us know what you think of the movie

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card, Sharli! The colors are gorgeous, and I live nests and eggs as much as I love birds - so pretty.

"Eat, Love, Pray" is sold out in every store in town, so I guess I'm going to have to order it. I, too, want to read it before seeing the movie. I'm anxious to hear your review!

Have a good week, sweet friend!

Julia Aston said...

I just love this nest and your layered eggs Sharli! and look at that cute little sprig of holly there!!! The colors are beautiful on this and what a great sentiment! Your life sounds very 'centered' Sharli! how was the movie?!?

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is gorgeous, Sharli!! LOVE that fabulous color palette and those stamps. I especially love what you've done with the 'Beautiful' stamp ... so clever and unique!