Monday, August 23, 2010

A little birdie told me . . .

I've wanted that sentiment since the very first time I saw it! LOL I finally got it in the Waltzingmouse Stamp set Sewing Box Hugs! The background, which I like equally well, is a new Close-to-My-Heart stamp set called Unity - it's a "sneaky-peek" for the new 9/1 catalog release! I used many of the new colors of dye ink as well; Sunset, Cotton Candy, Cream Brulee and Smoothie. Delicious new colors!

Well, I must admit - I absolutely LOVED the movie Eat, Pray, Love! Julia was wonderful - the scenery was beautiful and I was lost for over two hours in the story. The men-folk weren't hard on the eyes either!! (blushing)

Edited to add: I've entered this into a contest at the Do More With Less blog where Karen Baker is a guest designer. You can see Karen's fabulous card and instructions here.
OOPS! Edited to insert the correct link here.

Hope you had a great start to your week!
Namaste.

11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

So very cute, Sharli! Love the colors. The stamp images are awesome, too.

Thanks for the email with your movie review. I seriously need to get my hands on the book. And even though I've been married for 32 years, I think I will be able to relate to the story.

Have a great Tuesday!

Carla said...

Love the fabulous color combo on that paper.
Great card!
Thanks for the movie review! Can't wait to see it!

Karen B. said...

Oh my, is that a stamped background? What a perfect stamp for the occasion! Love the color combination and that sweet little birdie! Thanks for the movie suggestion as well, I've been meaning to get out with some girlfriends for a very long time and I think that movie sounds wonderful! Hope you are doing well.

Jeanne said...

Fabulous card, Sharli! Love the image, the stamping and the colors! Well done.

Haven't read the book, but sure am glad you enjoyed movie!

Alanna said...

What a pretty card Sharli. I love the background and that little bird. Have a great day!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sew cute Sharli! Love the soft, pretty colors & the layered WM bird :)

yyam said...

Oh! This is such a pretty card! I really love the sweet colors!

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm planning to this weeek!

yyam said...

Ok, your link works Sharli! Thanks for playing along! :)

Hetty Hall said...

Hey Sharli, just popping in to say thank you so much for always leaving such bright comments on my blog, they always make me smile so thank you!

Your cards are adorable, love your stamping skills, it is something I would love to learn. Speak to you next time.
Hetty xx

Julia Aston said...

so pretty Sharli! I just love this Sewing box set - they layer so wonderfully! I need to see this movie!

Leslie said...

darling card. Love your random stamped paper. I did some random stamped in blues.