Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Everything!

This is my entry to the ONE-LAYER CARD (OLC) challenge! I started with a standard White Daisy cardbase, scored 1/4 inch in on all sides, masked the "frame" and also a scallop circle for the middle of the card. Using a new Close-to-My-Heart color Sky, I sponged over the White Daisy. I learned how to position repeating elements from Karen Baker here and with a little practice (yes, it took more than one try!) I was able to stamp the medallions using the new Lagoon color. Then, using the mask from the sheet that I cut the scallop circle out of, I stamped the flowers (using the new Sunset color) and stems in the center (Juniper). There are little stickle dots on the flower ends - just for fun! Happy Everything was stamped in the new color Pacifica. I'm just LOVIN' these new colors! We have 8 in all - and each one is just beautiful!
It was a great day at work today - time went fast and I got a lot accomplished. I am tired and will be early to bed! Hope your week is off to a terrific start!

Hugs!

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh Sharli, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and the design, and the fact that it is a one layer makes it even more grand. The stikles are a great touch as well. Just lovely.

Kathi Carlson said...

Wow! You can make a one-layer card that doesn't look like one. It's awesome. I love it! Those new colors are very pretty, too.

Your day sounds like mine, and bed is where I'm going right now!

Have a good Tuesday, too!

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

Carla said...

Very pretty! love the color combo!

Scossie Jane said...

Sharli, I love this card, the colours, the stamping, and the sentiment is excellent "Happy Everything" - I love it.... Hugs xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Sharli your flowers are beautiful. Love the touches of sparkle. Wonderful one-layer card.

Unknown said...

All thumbs UP for your gorgeous one-layer card! You've showcased all these new colors beautifully & I just LOVE the stickles touch too!

Jeanne said...

I can't believe this is a one layer card, Sharli! There's so much dimension in it!! Wowwww! The new colors look wonderful. I'm sure you'll create lots of happy cards with them.

Terrific work, my sweet friend!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty and I'm with Jeanne, I had a hard time believing it was a one layer card. It is so pretty and just full of dimension.

I'm loving what you've done with it and those new colors are just gorgeous.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Curt in Indy said...

This has to be one of my most favorite of your cards! These colors together a gorgeous and I love your repeating pattern technique! Also love the great job you did on a "one layer card". Just looking at it, I wouldn't even notice that it was just one layer. Beautiful work! Best, Curt