Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Horn of Plenty

Sneaky peeks at more of the new to be released Close-to-My-Heart stamps and papers! Coming September 1 - the cornucopia is from the stamp set called Harvest Home, the papers are Olivia. I stamped my image on Colonial White cardstock using Momento Tuxedo Black, then used my coloring pencils and odorless mineral spirits (OMS) to color. The backing circles under the tiny brads are punched from a hole punch out of another piece of paper from this same pack. Two of the new colors are featured; Sunset and Pear.

I didn't exactly have a "restful" weekend, but it was therapeutic. I went into my craft room to play Saturday morning and was SO DISGUSTED by the mess, that it set off a frenzy of cleaning that is still going on!!! I have upgraded some of my storage, re-purposed the old paper storage bins to the pantry (which meant that it got a good cleaning, also) and then, just tonight, finally sat down to actually create something. I must confess, I took a break Sunday afternoon to scrap with my friends, but I didn't get much accomplished there other than relaxing with dear friends - and truthfully, nothing is more important!! So, I was hoping you wouldn't be too mad at me for my long absence.

I'm sure that once I get the room turned around all sorts of new and fun things will be showing up - I'm already dreaming about card layouts! LOL

Namaste.

11 comments:

Laurel said...

What a gorgeous card!

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh Sharli, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful, especially the shading. That background paper is so beautiful, and I LOVE how you did the little circles under the brads. What a great idea to set them off more! And get mad at you????? Who in the world could get mad at someone as sweet as you???? Your comments always brighten my day! I'm honored that you visit. Best, Curt

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Sharli! You did an amazing job coloring all those veggies! :) TFS

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is gorgeous, Sharli! You've outdone yourself with this beautiful creation!!

I ♥ the DP and your fabulous coloring of this beautiful stamp!!

Carolyn said...

Very pretty!! I love TG cards!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous. Love it with the new paper. BTW, Lexi likes your blog header.

Karen B. said...

So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time visiting with your friends! Wonderful card, lovely fall colors, so warm and rich, and that image? Oh so beautiful and detailed!

Jamie Harder said...

This is beautiful!!! And thanks for the inspiration to clean my scrap space...lol!!!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. The image is colored so wonderfully.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Sharli... what a darling Autumn card! Fall is my very favorite time of year! Sounds like you had a nice time visiting with friends... much better than cleaning up a room! xoxo Julie Marie

Julia Aston said...

what a great cornucopia Sharli - and wonderful coloring on it - don't mention cleaning messy stamping rooms (EEEEEEEKK!) I can hardly walk around in mine - the floor has suddenly become storage space!!!