Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quick and Easy Gift Bag

I have a habit of picking up bags when they are on sale at the local scrapbook stores . . . I just love decorating them to use for gift bags or to make CTMH order deliveries! This one was from a Christmas season - it's a little bag - maybe 7 x 9 inches? My customer ordered just a few re-inkers and they fit so nicely in these darling little bags. I successfully "debossed" for the first time ever - thanks to Julia's tutorial HERE. (be sure to scroll down a little) I'm just thrilled to know that I can use my Spellbinder dies to create debossed images on my paper now. Thanks Julia!!

Well, it's Sunday evening already. My tummy is a little better - I've been taking the good advice of dear friends! I am approaching it easy though so I don't create a new problem, and I am making an appointment with my physician as this is unusual for me and it's been pretty persistent for a couple of weeks now. I'm rested up and have high hopes for a busy and productive week! Hope you have a good week, too.

Hugs!


8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I love the bag and the debossing. Simple yet so classy.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I don't know about Arizona but there have been so many wierd bugs going around this year in Minnesota. Someone has something all of the time. I hope your visit to the doctor provides you with some answers and a cure.

I was glad to hear, too, that you've been in a place long enough to be familiar and have that sense of community. I would love to be your neighbor!!

Julia Aston said...

what a delightful bag Sharli! a perfect wrapping for any gift! Love the green plaid of it and your pretty label! thanks for linking me - so glad it worked for you! isn't this a fun technique?!

Karen B. said...

Great gift bag! Love the colors. And thanks for the tutorial, I've always wondered how this was done. Good luck at your appointment.

Jeanne said...

What a great idea, to use the bags for customer orders. I just know your customers enjoy that extra personal touch you give them. The bag itself looks splendid! That debossing (have to check out the link you provided) and stitching are fabulous. GREAT job.

And I'm glad you are going to get your tummy checked out. I'm sure it's nothing too serious, but better to be safe than sorry. Hugs that you'll find relief soon!

Unknown said...

It's adorable, Sharli! Love the font & the stitching too! What a nice touch to show appreciation for your customers. Thanks for linking the debossing technique...you have so much fun!!! I hope to hear soon that you and your tummy are on the upswing.

Laurel said...

Cute little bag!

Carolyn said...

Such a cute bag! Love the papers & deboss!
So glad you're feeling better!

Jamie Harder said...

Adorable bag!!!